Cuiaba Brazil Weather

Monday, February 10, 2014

Brazil Week #60 Max

Wow week 60, I remember it seems like yesterday that it was week 50 and last week
that it was week 1 at the mtc. Wednesday, I will hit 1 year and 2 months. Its been a long time since Ive seen Roosevelt or mom and dad and the brothers. Its been more than 400 days since Ive been gone, but I am so grateful to be here on a mission serving our Heavenly Father. I know that He loves us and is very aware of what we are doing and what we are needing, His hand is strong and he has blessed us much this week. First off everything worked out and went well with Max´s  Baptism. We had his Baptism Saturday at 7 o clock. Everything went well and the Spirit was strong. We had Valderi´s baptism set for the 22nd of this month but he had to travel for work and couldn't make it to church yesterday so we remarked his baptism for the first part of March. I was very pleased and grateful to our Heavenly Father and that he allowed everything to work out so perfectly this week with Max´s Baptism. We had a member named Renato baptize him, Renato was baptized one year ago on the 8th of February, and exactly one year later he got to perform his first baptism on February 8th exactly one year to the day after he was baptized, I thought that was cool that it worked out perfectly. Max even said the closing prayer at his own baptism and there was even a little girl there that is the daughter of the second counselor in the ward that sang the song about baptism about how I want to be as clean as the earth right after rain, she is only four and sang a solo at the baptism that made me very happy I was pretty worried honestly this week that something would happen that would keep Max from being baptized, but the Lord´s tender mercies were everywhere and he was very very good to us. Tuesday we taught The Word of Wisdom and the Law of Chastity. He accepted to live them without questions and told us that he was happy that we were teaching these things to him so that he could learn more and become better everyday. Wednesday we taught tithing and fast offerings which he also accepted without questions and Thursday we taught the plan of salvation which he enjoyed greatly, Friday the zone leaders came and did his baptismal interview which he passed with flying colors as well. Saturday was his baptism. We invited most of the members and the relief society made delicious cake. We had a good turn out, maxs cousin even went to see his baptism. Sunday he was confirmed an official member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. The first counselor confirmed him and we had just me and Elder Tibbits stood in the circle and helped him. There was just the three of us in the circle. After he was confirmed Max looked up at us with a big grin on his face. Church was good we had 4 investigators there, 3 youth that a member brought and a man named Celso that we had been teaching, he had to leave a little early because he had work at 11 but he said he would be back next week. We will work with him this week, I don't think he is married legally but he is a really good guy is was born in Paraguay. I was sad that Valderi didn't go cause now we have to push his baptism date back a week. Hopefully I will still be here. We are teaching alot of good people now and I want to be able to stay and see the fruits of our labors. Everytime I have been transferred out of an area there has always been at least 2 of our investigators that have gotten baptized within the first two weeks that I left, that's how it goes though I learn more and more everyday is that baptisms don't mean a whole lot but they sure do bring a great happiness to many people. So this week didn't have much because we were so busy with teaching max preparing everything for the baptism and doing the interviews and also on Wednesday we had a mission conference for campo Grande. It was good and we talked alot about planning taking care of our area book, that was stuff that we had already been taking care of but I know that its a big problem that our mission has is there isn't very much planning that goes on and the area books are in terrible shape and many haven't been updated for years. We have still been looking for houses, but we haven't had much luck, So this already is the last week of the transfer, yeah it snuck up on me as well. I am pretty sure that I will be staying here but our zone leader here is convinced that I will be taking his place as zone leader but I highly doubt that I really would much rather stay training for the rest of my mission if I could. Sounds like there is going to be another 15 or so American arriving this transfer that got their visas so that will be cool, I'm not sure where they are going to find all the trainers but at least the Americans are finally starting to arrive. But yeah, I am almost certain that I will stay here in my area but who knows, I think that Elder Tibbitts will be staying here with me as well but like I said, who knows? This has been a really quick transfer for me though, it has been one of the hardest so far and most challenging but we have worked hard this transfer and Heavenly Father has blessed us richly. Last week on p-day the assistants from the north got here and so we went to the center again and got some stuff, I drank a bunch of sugar can juice like I said in the letter from last week it was good, I talked alot with the north assistants they are good friends and missionaries and it was good being able to talk to them and get to know them better. Also this Friday it sounds like the Zone leader will have a baptism so I will get to do my first interview so that will be cool I think, I hope it goes well. Well, I want to thank you all for your prayers and fasting in behalf of our investigators I know that Heavenly Father blessed us and acknowledged our righteous efforts and desires, I'm grateful to know that its him who is in charge and not us as humans. o before I forget we visited max after church yesterday and he explained that after he was baptized his entire body felt warm and prickly but in a good way, and then on Sunday during his confirmation he said he got goosebumps and was shaking a little bit but it was also in a good way, he said that he felt alot more emotional after that and he knew that he was really a member of The Lords True Church, and he knew that God had accepted his repentance and baptism. I always love to hear how people feel after their baptism, because its always different for everyone, but they always receive an answer and a confirmation that they made the right choice. Well I'm glad you had a good time in Moab and I enjoyed the pictures, wish I could have gone with you guys moab is a beautiful place and it has a special place in my heart. I want to wish aunt Kellie a happy birthday and i hope its great. I love you all so much and am grateful for you all! Have a great week!
-Elder Kennington
Max & Renato



No comments:

Post a Comment