Cuiaba Brazil Weather

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Brazil Ponta Para Week #78

Good morning everyone, sorry I didn't write yesterday, we had transfers and Elder Piñon was transferred and so it didn't give us much time in the lan house, I just had barely enough time to get the zone numbers sent and the letter to the president sent. We have to go to lunch here really soon so I wanted to run to the lan house before lunch because after lunch, I will have to go pick up my companion with a member here and then we have to go straight back home and stay in the house for the rest of the day because of the game today. It sounds like Brasil will be playing against Mexico, it should be an interesting game. There really isn't much to say for this week at all, Thursday we had to stay in the house the entire day because of the game, we went to lunch and then we just went back home. IT was really boring I just rested and studied a little bit. I hate being inside the house during the day, I don't understand how so many Elders can stay in the house instead of working. It kills me, we knew every time Brasil made a goal during the game because the whole neighborhood would start yelling and cheering and people would light off fireworks and go outside and rev up their motorcycles and cars and stuff. Its kind of funny actually. It was neat seeing all of the patriotism, there were people all over in the streets selling Brasil shirts and flags and horns and stuff like that.  I wish it could be like that everyday. I sent some pictures yesterday of a huge flag that had in front of the city hall. Well so I was kind of bummed out to see Elder Piñon go, I already knew that he would be leaving but its sad seeing a good friend leave. He is a great missionary and friend and has been one of my best companions. My new companions name is Elder Yezzi, he is a Brasilian from the northeast of Brazil. I know that he only has 8 months on the mission so he is definitely one of the youngest zone leaders ever in this mission, everyone says he is terrific though and that he will probably be assistant one day. SO I really was happy to stay here one more transfer here in Ponta, I really didn't want to leave quite yet, the members are marvelous here and I wasn't ready to leave them behind yet. But its a for sure that this will be my last transfer here so there wont be any guessing as to whether or not I will stay or go so that will give me proper time to get pictures with everyone and also to buy some souvenirs (how do you spell that?) things are alot cheaper here in Ponta and I can get members to go to Paraguay to get stuff for even cheaper. We had 3 dinners this week with families including two barbecues it was great I'm just glad I'm still here, because I honestly would be super bummed out if I had stayed. I was happy with the zone too because every companionship had at least one baptism this transfer, that was our goal because there were a few that hadn't had any baptisms for a long long time and they finally baptized. There was one that when I was in a division we knocked the door of a less active family and found them and the last day of the transfer they baptized their 15 year old son, that was a miracle, I think I commented about it one one of my former letters, that was definitely a miracle from our Father in Heaven. So we have been working alot with less actives and recent converts lately and we have soon a huge turnout at church almost 1/3 of the people at church on Sunday were less actives and recent converts, that made us super happy. Things have kinda stopped with Bruna, she is working and going to school everyday and so it has been impossible to find her a home. Plus it sounds like she is working on Sundays which really complicates things, pray for us to be able to  find the Lords Elects so that we can baptize them, pray for our zone as well it seems that we will be hitting a dry patch, this transfer the zone had baptisms every week, but I'm scared that this transfer wont be the same, pray for the people and the missionaries please. Well I'm so glad that I'm here in Ponta Porã and am grateful to only have 4 transfers left on the mission, it sad  and I'm not ready to go home yet but I think after these next 6 months I think I will be spent, but for now I'm am still well and full of gas, all of the sisters from my group are at home and have sent us emails of them getting home and stuff that was kinda trunky seeing that. Its all good though I'm happy and am grateful for your prayers and thoughts. I hope and pray that this last transfer here in Ponta will be one of the best of my mission. I'm will include one more picture that I forgot to send a while ago, this was my last picture together of My family, Elder Payne (My son) and Elder Ellis (My grandson) who was trained by Elder Payne. We were all wearing green ties as well haha. But yeah I'm am in  a trio until we get my companion but we will be heading to get my companion. But I love you all so much and I love the Gospel so much, there is no greater peace than that which comes from being a worthy member of the Church of Jesus Christ. I know that He is our Savior and I love Him, and I know that all of you love Him as well. That's why I am so grateful to have you all as my family. Everyone take good care and have a great week I think we have to go to Campo Grande on Thursday...again so that should be fun. Love you guys! Take good care! oh and also happy Fathers day to dad! I had forgotten because its a completely different day here in Brasil.  Abraço,
-Elder Kennington

Brazil World Cup going on.

Elder Kennington, Elder Ellis and Elder Payne~All wearing Green Ties.

No comments:

Post a Comment