Cuiaba Brazil Weather

Monday, June 23, 2014

Ponta Para Brazil. Week #79

Good day  everyone,  how goes it?  haha yeah so this week went by pretty quick, we got my companion picked up fine, Elder Yezzi he is a young missionary with only 8 months on the mission, he is a great missionary though. I guess you have to be though when get called as a zone leader with only 8 months, I think he will be an assistant here in a couple months when they call another one.  We only had a few days to work this week because on, Tuesday there was the game so we jsut had to stay inside the entire day. Wednesday we had a full days of work we went after a bunch of recent converts and less actives, people that weren't going to church. The day seemed to drag on a bunch though, it was hot during the day but then it cooled down dramatically during the night, and it made me a little sick or something because all of the sudden I just got a huge headache and I wanted to throw up so when we got home I took some medicine that Elder Yezzi had and then I went straight to bed it knocked me out pretty good. I woke up the next morning and I was feeling alot better, that was good because we had a zone activity that morning that we had been invited to by a member and we had gotten President Rebers permission and he wanted us to be there. I don't really know how to explain it be Thursday was a catholic holiday and so alot of cities do this celebration where they make like designs and stuff in the street, so they had like a huge rug that went down the entire main street here In Ponta, we took like chalk to make a design and then they had like a bunch of bags full of like saw dust that was colored and so we used that as like a filler to make our designs. So we winded up with two squares to make designs we made one that said CTR, and the other one we made was a design of the Angel Moroni, and under it it had M B C for Missão Brasil Cuiabá, and next to it was the symbol for baptism.  It definitely turned out the best. The member had a bunch of squares reserved for him because he is a teacher at his school and he was put in charge to help so he got permission to have the missionaries go and help to show that whatever the religion may be we can all work together and we are all children of God. We were on the local news and the member gave an interview talking about us, it even was posted on the Brasil LDS church news I think their facebook page is    https://pt-br.facebook.com/noticiassud/photos/a.642360359126256.1073741826.167812703247693/853235528038737/?type=1&theater        it was cool and I'm glad we could do it I saw that there was some people complaining on the page because they didn't like the fact the the church participated in a catholic tradition, but alot of members are kind of ignorant with these kind of these overall it was a good experience for everyone. I will send you some pictures , so then we had to go that same day to Campo Grande, we got the bus at 2:30 and we got there at about 9:00 at night, we stayed with the assistants and we had a great meeting the next day, we learned alot and we had an open discussion about what the difficulties were in the zones and the mission. I always like these counsels that we have once a transfer. But I wont lie hopefully this will be my last haha. Tonight we will be having interviews with President Reber he will be here so hopefully we will talk about what will be happening with my last couple transfers. So Saturday we also had a full day of work, visiting alot of people and finding some new investigators, it was good we had a wonderful turnout yesterday at church. We had tons of less actives, recent converts and several members brought some friends that aren't members, unfortunately they don't live in our area but that made us happy. Our ward hit a new attendance record yesterday with 140 people at sacrament and that was still with at least 20 other active members that were absent. The last record was 136 that made everyone super excited at church. The other wards saw a jump in activity as well, but still no baptisms with the zone, please pray for our zone so that we can still have many baptisms here this transfer, we are going to need some miracles, we also stopped by brunas house this week she was leaving but was super excited to see us and went to give me a hug I kinda had to shoot my hand out pretty fast to show that it was a no no haha, I think she learned in the moment that missionaries cant hug. She said she knows she needs to go to church she has just been really busy and working alot of Sundays, she said that they were probably going to travel on Sunday. I still don't want to give up on her I think we can still baptize her. So after church our lunch was super far so we took the treinzinho (little train) to our area. The treinzinho is a parade train that a member has her that he uses to pick up members and investigators on Sunday and he drops them off, it has a capacity of about 40 people it is great and is helping get a alot of less actives and recent converts that couldn't go to church before because of the long distance and who didn't have a car or motorcycle, it was fun going back that way. So yeah, today there's a game so I think I will go buy some stuff and we will go home and that's all. Thanks for the emails from you guys and the pictures I hope all goes well with the stuff this week with the reunion and such it should be a great time for everyone. Know that I love you all and miss you but there is still plenty of time from now till I get home so I will make the best of it and give all that I have to The Lord.  Take good care and be safe and have an awesome week!
-Elder Kennington



No comments:

Post a Comment